CMHA and the RHL Need You!
CMHA is in search of one to two RHL Governors for the upcoming hockey season. If you answer yes to any of these questions, then we want to hear from you!
- Do you have a passion for Minor Hockey?
- Are you a fun-loving person who enjoys working with people?
- Do you have a good understanding of minor hockey rules/regulations and enjoy sharing that knowledge to help others succeed?
- Do you have 3-4 hours per week to spare?
- Have you considered putting your passion to good use by volunteering as a League Governor?
Minor Hockey relies on the support of dedicated volunteers to help ensure the season can be a success for everyone involved.
NO EXPERIENCE - NO PROBLEM! The RHL will provide you with training, and the Lead Governor will always be there to support you. As a Governor, you will be given a group of teams (typically 7-10) to oversee for the season. You will also be given a League assigned email address, so you don’t need to worry about your personal inbox filling up with hockey communications.
Your workload will be fairly light, and responsibilities include (but are not necessarily limited to):
- Ensuring your teams have the current Operating Regulations.
- Helping your teams to know where to find their game schedule.
- Communicating important League information to your teams.
- Ensuring your teams complete their data entry and game sheet submissions on time.
- Reviewing data entry to ensure accuracy.
- Ensuring game sheets are completed correctly.
- Notifying League Discipline of any Incident Reports.
- Ensuring your teams are following League/Hockey Alberta Regulations.
- Notifying the League of any violations.
Thank you for your support!